Translator and Editor
Über Catherine Demers:
Application for Linguistic Games Tester with French
Dear Lionbridge Recruiting Team,
I would like to formally apply for the Linguistic Games Tester (French-Speaking) position now available with Lionbridge.
I have extensive experience working in multilingual and multicultural environments and I always aim to acquire a vast knowledge about my employer’s policy and achieve outstanding results in terms of both quality and productivity. I also always prove myself to be a valuable asset and active team player by providing support to my colleagues and my team leader and offering training to waves of new hires if needed.
In addition, highlights of my academic and professional years as a content reviewer and translator include: having an outstanding attention to details, answering customer and colleagues queries as tactfully and politely as possible and the ability to work and organize under pressure respecting deadlines.
As well as being a native francophone, I have also an extensive background with various languages. I speak fluent English and Spanish and have knowledge of the German language. Plus, my writing and editing skills are impeccable, which, I think, would make me an ideal match for the position.
These are just a few examples of my accomplishments and abilities. I hope that you will find that this brief view, in combination with the attached resume, describes a dedicated employee with the experience and skills to meet or exceed the requirements of the position of Linguistic Games Tester (French-Speaking).
I appreciate your consideration and look forward to discussing this opportunity with you at your convenience. Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide that will support my candidacy.
Bilingual Editor February 2021 – November 2022
Mallette S.E.N.C.R.L., Québec
- Edit, correct and translate texts and documents from various advisory services departments (letters, Excel files, PowerPoint presentations)
- Give redactional feedback to the team for the structure of project deliverables, reports, or service offers
- Prepare fee agreements and ensure the opening of accounts for invoicing
- Update various databases in order to meet deadlines
- Organize and participate in various internal meetings and write minutes
- Work as a team with the advisory services staff
Manager - Services For Employers December 2019 – January 2021
Arimé Canada, Sainte-Marie-de-Beauce
- Offering translation services in Spanish and in French to temporary foreign workers from Central America upon their arrival in Quebec
- Translating documents from English and Spanish to French to complete the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) forms
- Write and fill meticulously the forms necessary for the clients to get an LMIA
- Make sure that strict deadlines are met, so the LMIA forms are sent and the temporary foreign workers arrive in time
- Assist the clients and temporary foreign workers via phone, email or in person for follow up on the LMIA completion and success
Content Reviewer April 2018 – August 2019
- Analyzed and navigated online audiovisual and text-based content in accordance with client policy
- Respected a daily productivity and workflow as established by client
- Delivered highest quality results while paying close attention to detail
- Participated in meeting in order to discuss and share situations related to the content and policies
- Supported and participated in the training of new hires
Content Reviewer May 2016 – October 2016
- Read and analysed newspaper articles
- Sent appropriate articles to clients, respecting a deadline
- Listened to and analysed radio and TV clips
- Sent appropriate clips to clients, respecting a deadline
- Transcription in French and English of radio and TV clips
- Photocopied and digitised newspaper and magazines articles
Translator and proofreader January 2014 – April 2014
Les Traductions Langulaires, Québec
Translator and proofreader January 2014 – October 2016
Ingénieurs sans frontières, Québec
Laval University, Québec September 2014 – April 2015
Certificate in Professional Writing
Laval University, Québec September 2011 – April 2014
Bachelor Degree in Translation
Cégep de Sainte-Foy, Québec August 2009 – April 2011
Diploma of College Studies, Languages and Culture program
Fachleute, die mit Catherine konkurrieren
Fachkräfte aus demselben Kunst / Entertainment / Verlagswesen-Sektor wie Catherine Demers
Fachleute aus verschiedenen Bereichen in der Nähe von Berlin, Berlin
Jobs in der Nähe von Berlin, Berlin
LIQID Investments GmbH Berlin, Deutschland Ganztags
Als (Senior) Content Editor / Copywriter (d/m/w) (German-speaking) bist du als Teil unseres Creative Teams für die Konzeption, Planung und ganzheitliche Ausführung von diversen Content-Formaten für un ...
KPMG-Germany Berlin, Deutschland Nebenberuflich
Begleite KPMG bei den zukünftigen Herausforderungen unserer Kunden und Kundinnen. Begeistere auch Du Dich für die Vielfalt unserer Fragestellungen - und mach gemeinsam mit uns den Unterschied. Die KPM ...
Miles Mobility Berlin, Deutschland Ganztags
Join the ride · Our customer support team is constantly growing, and that's why we're looking for you to join our customer support team as a · (Junior) Quality & Training Specialist (f/m/x/d) Your ...