Catastrophe Team Lead
Über Vijay Hongal:
I am a highly motivated and result driven disaster modeler with an extensive background in the industry. With over 6 years of experience, I have consistently demonstrated initiative, reliability and strong work ethics. Additionally, I have developed my skills in Python, NumPy, Pandas, Power BI, SQL and Microsoft Excel. In my last profile I was leading a Team of six members, where we specialize in modeling risks worldwide, regardless of the geographic regions and across of multiple line of businesses. Throughout my career I have excelled in Touchstone and RiskLink software and my skills enable me to effectively analyze the data and handle complex exposure accounts independently.
• I have successfully led and supported a team of six Catastrophe modelers, ensuring their efficient and
effective work performance.
• I have been responsible for producing regular aggregated and catastrophe reports for all regions
underwriting, ensuring comprehensive coverage and accurate analysis.
• I have conducted thorough reviews of all team members' reports before sending them out,
guaranteeing the quality and consistency of the results.
• I played a key role in the automation of processes, resulting in reduced process time and improved
• I have conducted regular training sessions, including "Intro to Cat-modeling" and process trainings, for
new joiners, clients, and other interested parties, ensuring their understanding and proficiency in the
• I have trained new joiners to become valuable contributors to the live production team, equipping
them with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in their roles.
• I have served as the cat modeling representative for US-based clients, establishing strong relationships
and providing specialized support.
• By implementing sanity checks within the team, I have led the way in achieving greater accuracy and
• Regular analysis of the team's performance has allowed me to provide guidance and support
throughout the entire process, ensuring continuous improvement.
• I have actively groomed team members to become self-independent and thrive as individual
contributors, fostering their professional growth and autonomy.
• Daily team huddles and meetings have been conducted to assign tasks and provide status updates,
fostering effective communication and coordination.
• During periods of high volume, I have provided support to multiple teams, ensuring smooth
operations and timely delivery.
• In addition to my core responsibilities, I have taken on account assignments and mentored fresher's,
providing valuable opportunities to enhance my management and technical skills.
• I actively participate in team huddles and meetings, sharing feedback and insights as necessary to
contribute to the team's success and development.
Masters of Science - Actuarial Science
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Fachkräfte aus demselben Versicherung-Sektor wie Vijay Hongal
Fachleute aus verschiedenen Bereichen in der Nähe von Berlin, Berlin
Andere Benutzer, die Vijay genannt werden
Jobs in der Nähe von Berlin, Berlin
internetstores GmbH Berlin, Deutschland
Draußen fühlen wir uns lebendig – auf dem Rad und in der Natur. Mehr als 600 internationale Kollegen und Kolleginnen in offenen, dynamischen Teams in Stuttgart, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Dortmund, ...
ANTRIMON Group AG Berlin, Deutschland Ganztags
Komm in unser 60-köpfiges Team und bekämpfe zusammen mit uns den Fachkräftemangel in Deutschland · mehrjährige Erfahrung im Sales mitbringst. · Arbeite, wie es für dich am besten passt - flexible Arb ...
Studio2b Berlin, Deutschland Ganztags
Komm in unser 60-köpfiges Team und bekämpfe zusammen mit uns den Fachkräftemangel in Deutschland · Als Team Lead Sales (m/w/d) begeisterst du zusammen mit deinem Team potentielle Kund*innen von unser ...