Innovation Engineer (BB-701AB)
Gefunden in: Neuvoo Premium DE
Beschreibung:Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Sr. Innovation Engineer to lead the application of the Amazon Robotics (AR) System and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) automation into our European Delivery Station Network.
The successful candidate will be a member of the European Amazon Logistics Central Engineering team and will be responsible to define, test, validate and implement various Robotics and Automation systems in the Delivery Stations network in EU region.
This role requires experienced and entrepreneurial minded Engineers with combined robotics, engineering, planning and analytical skills. This individual will own robotics and automation implementation projects end-to-end and will partner with Process Engineering teams, Operations leaders, Facilities and Engineering teams to effectively operate advanced robotics technology across Amazon's last mile network.
- Key partner to work closely with the Amazon Robotics Product teams and WW Engineering to drive customer (AMZL) requirements for implementing Amazon Robotics system in EU Delivery Stations network.
- Identify process paths to automate based on various factors; labor, cost, safety, performance, etc. working with Process Engineering and Operations partners
- Author business cases to introduce automation to the Delivery Stations network in EU to improve performance
- Define pilot criteria and success metrics to validate proof of concept and performance targets set initially
- Lead Amazon Robotics and System and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) automation pilots in EU by measuring success criteria for meeting metrics for productivity, quality and safety.
- Collaboration with internal teams to provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets for new automation systems to understand integration impacts on existing processes and building design
- Support lessons learnt program for new robotics and automation system to understand improvements needed for next generation design iterations
- Work with design and controls teams to detail out integration plans for MHE automation
- Partner with simulation team for validating new ideas and concepts to automate manual process paths
- Part of core team with Amazon Robotics and WW Engineering teams to improve processes and layouts based on field performance data representing EU AMZL network
- Represent AMZL-EU in cross functional teams to work on future technologies; robotics, automation, IoT to seamlessly integrate those into the Delivery Station eco-system
- Part of core group for selection of critical sites in the network to receive automation based on set criteria
- Support commissioning of new Amazon Robotics and MHE automation installations in partnership with field teams
- Support development and implementation of Service and Maintenance concepts for AMZL Field teams
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent industrial background
- Fluent English (oral and written)
- Proven Engineering experience in an automation, robotics or manufacturing environment
- Proven engineering project management experience
- Proven experience across the full project lifecycle; from analysis and design to implementation
- Experience with complex projects in operations, processes, or performance improvement
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Use of AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain layout drawings
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues, drive improvements, and implement preventive measures
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to support complex technical discussions with a variety of groups including software engineers, hardware engineers, technicians, and operators
- Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Processes
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA
- Experience in PLC programming
- Experience with EAM Tools
- Knowledge of at least one other EU language is advantageous (German, French, Italian or Spanish)
calendar_todayvor 9 Stunden
work Amazon DEU S3 Transport GmbH